Re: RFC: Replacing vim-tiny with nano in essential packages

On Mar 16, Thomas Pircher <thp+debian@p5r.uk> wrote:

> Would you consider nvi as an alternative to vim-tiny? It is quite small
Maintainer: Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>
Installed-Size: 1.605 kB

I think that busybox still wins.

> A user who does a lot of editing will probably install a better editor
> than {vim-tiny,nvi} anyways. And it would minimise disruption to people
> who expect some form of vi to be installed on the system.
In my experience vim-tiny is totally fine for everything which does not
need syntax highlighting, as long as you disable "set compatible".

--
ciao,
Marco