Re: FTP Team -- call for volunteers

Hello,

On Sun 15 Mar 2020 at 10:48PM +01, Philipp Kern wrote:

> Now we could also fix that using a whitelist approach. But I have not
> seen much openness to tackling this part of NEW review and I am unsure
> why. From the public NEW tooling (I don't know dak's side) it pretty
> clearly does not look like a de novo review, as the diff to the archive
> is highlighted. Maybe another way would be to split the queue using a
> weighting function.

Not sure what diff you have in mind, aside from the fact that
https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html does indicate whether it's
source-NEW or binary-NEW.

On the other side you just get a whole source package and a list of
which files in the .changes are NEW.

> But I am not aware of public documentation on how the review process
> is organized currently. Is there any?

Yes: https://salsa.debian.org/ftp-team/manpages

For the mc extensions mentioned there, you can see my dotfiles:

https://git.spwhitton.name/dotfiles/tree/.config/mc?h=fasolo

https://git.spwhitton.name/dotfiles/tree/.local/share/mc/extfs.d?h=fasolo

--
Sean Whitton