Re: Epoch version for google-authenticator

On Sun, Mar 01, 2020 at 01:06:13PM +0800, SZ Lin (林上智) wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on fixing bugs (including RC) on google-authenticator[1] which
name should be "google-authenticator-libpam" instead.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/google-authenticator
[2] https://github.com/google/google-authenticator-libpam

I intend to import the new upstream release, but the current upstream version
changed the versioning scheme and thus epoch is needed to avoid the latest
version lower than the previous one, as shown below.

Previous version: 20170702-2
Proposed version: 1:1.08-1

Have you considered something like 20200301+1.08-1 ?