CI vs Releases (was: Upstream rolling releases and version control)

On 2020-02-10 11:35:06 +0100 (+0100), Simon Richter wrote:
[...]
> CI and releases are kind of antithetical. They wouldn't have to
> be, but this is the way the culture around CI developed.
[...]

As someone who's helped for nearly a decade to maintain CI-driven
release automation for a very large community of projects, I'm
actually curious what you see as culturally incompatible between the
two. It may be the communities I'm most embedded in don't suffer
this cultural rift, but it's also entirely possible I've got some
sort of tunnel vision preventing me from seeing it.
--
Jeremy Stanley