Re: Hosting the original youtube-dl sources on salsa?

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 04:59:53PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Dear people,
>
> As many of you may know, the RIAA issued a resquest for GitHub to take down
> the youtube-dl repository.
>
> The tree had some fixes that were *not* in the latest release that I
> uploaded a few days ago (I am the maintainer of youtube-dl in Debian, just
> to make things clear).
>
> Since the tree was taken down (and, to boot, of the 18 forks listed in the
> takedown request, mine was explicitly listed), I fear that me uploading the
> lastest tree to GitHub is asking for trouble.
>
> Given this situation, can I upload a backup of youtube-dl to salsa under my
> user account?  I already maintain the packaging of youtube-dl in a different
> repository that is both on GitHub and on salsa. Should I take it down from
> salsa?

First things first, we need to have many copies of that and make it
available it all over the net.

Do you have a complete git repo that can be cloned?

--
rsa4096: 3B10 0CA1 8674 ACBA B4FE  FCD2 CE5B CF17 9960 DE13
ed25519: FFB4 0CC3 7F2E 091D F7DA  356E CC79 2832 ED38 CB05