Re: How does one package a multirepo project?

Quoting Pirate Praveen (2020-10-19 13:15:20)
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 12:15, Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:
> > To strip upstream content completely from Debian redistribution, use
> > Files-Excluded-foo: in topmost section of debian/copyright - see
> > jsbundle-web-interfaces for an example of that.
> >
> > To strip upstream content from entering the Debian git while still
> > getting redistributed - notably to avoid upstream git hints from
> > messing with a different use of git in Debian - use git-buildpackage
> > and its --filter option.  Again, jsbundle-web-interfaces is an
> > example of that.
>
> I'd consider that as a wrok around. When you have many directories and
> you want to only include a single directory, then having to manually
> exclude all the directories instead of specifying all the directories
> we want to exclude is a lot of manual work and not future proof if
> upstream add more directories. It'd be nice if uscan do the inverse
> for looking at a list of directories to exclude and provide a list of
> directories to include instead.

I agree that that your idea would be a nice improvement to uscan, and I
encourage you to file a wishlist bugreport against devscript to help
make that happen.

I understood the question as "How does one package a multirepo project
*today*?" rather than "How does one package a multirepo project *in a
possible future*?" (emphasis mine).

 - Jonas