Re: Help with contacting Ubuntu devs for updating critically broken packages

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 07:23:58 +0900,
Norbert Preining<norbert@preining.info> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>(please Cc)
>
>is there a way to update hopelessly broken packages in Ubuntu Focal
>LTS?
>
>(packages in question are onedrive and in particular calibre - I
>refrain from commenting on the reasons behind calibre)
>
>Ubuntu seems to pull at arbitrary intervals rather incomplete packages
>that end up in LTS releases, and upstream gets flooded with bug
>reports.
>
>Thanks for any pointer

You are probably looking for this:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

The upload needs to be confirmed that it fixes the problem by someone
else than you before it gets into Ubuntu proper. I haven't had any good
experience with it.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
andreas@ronnquist.net