Re: Salsa Debian reporting issues

On Sat, 03 Oct 2020 at 14:42:07 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Just noticed a problem with Salsa,  reporting issues with repositories.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/public
>
> that has a list of public repositories, on the right are 4 icons for
> each repository,  the one on far right of the 4, should go to issues,
> however it just comes up with a 404 error

Many repositories on Salsa don't accept issue reports through the Salsa
interface, because their maintainers would prefer to receive bug reports
through the main Debian bug tracking system (https://www.debian.org/Bugs/)
and don't want to have to check for bug reports in two places.

I think the real bug here is that the list of repositories shows an
"issues" icon, even for repositories that won't actually accept issue
reports (resulting in the 404).

> Not sure who to report it to

This seems to be a bug in the Gitlab software rather than being specific
to Debian's installation on salsa.debian.org, so: Gitlab. I've opened
<https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/260691> for this.

    smcv