Re: Allowed to build-depend a pkg in main on a pkg in non-free?

On 9/30/20 4:45 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> The
> official buildds, for packages in main, seem to include contrib but
> not non-free binary packages in the chroot's apt sources.list files.
> Both contrib and non-free source packages are available in the chroots
> apt sources.list files. This appears to be the same for all three of
> main, contrib, non-free.

I would expect that:

1. main builds include main repositories
2. contrib builds include main, contrib, & non-free repositories
3. non-free builds include main, contrib, & non-free repositories

This would match the Policy allowed package dependencies.

Including _more_ than this wouldn't break builds, but could allow
non-Policy compliant dependencies to sneak in. For example, a package in
main that Build-Depends on a package from contrib should FTBFS on the
buildd, but would not.

Including _less_ than this could break builds. For example, if I have a
"free package in contrib that require[s]... non-free packages" (Policy
2.2.2) and the buildd doesn't include non-free, it will FTBFS when it
should build.

Am I missing something here? If I'm understanding everything correctly,
this seems buggy.

--
Richard