Re: Backports needed for Firefox/Thunderbird ESR 78 in Buster/Stretch

On 20/09/2020 11:33, Félix Sipma wrote:
> Hello Emilio and others,
>
> On 2020-09-10 19:32+0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>> I'm currently attempting a build of Firefox 78.2.0 ESR for buster. If that goes
>> well I'll start uploading things to buster (coordinating with the SRMs).
>
> Was the build successful? Did you also try to build Thunderbird? Is there
> something else missing?

Yes, the Firefox build was successful and my runtime tests have been good too.

We're working on fixing the toolchain on mips* now (thanks to Aurelien), but
other than that there shouldn't be anything missing at this point with the
recent upload of rust-cbindgen.

I haven't managed to bootstrap rustc 1.41 on armel, that's not an issue for
FF/TB as they can't build on armel due to the lack of nodejs, but it's a problem
for armel itself if at some point an update to rustc is needed (e.g. to fix a
security bug). If someone can help with that front, please see the rustc pu bug
(#970132) and get in touch.

I haven't looked at Thunderbird yet (see Carsten's message) but the toolchain
should be the same, so in that regard we should be good.

Cheers,
Emilio