Re: Problems with the CI infrastructure?

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 09:43:32AM +0200, Gard Spreemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I must admit I don't know much about the CI/autopkgtest infrastructure,
> but I've noticed over summer that the frequency at which my packages are
> being tested has decreased a lot, especially when it comes to ordinary
> tests in unstable (as opposed to tests that pick a few packages from
> experimental).
>
> Has there been some change to the CI infrastructure? Is it experiencing
> problems? Am I just missing something?

At the moment we are not running the "unstable only" tests
automatically.  There is work that needs to be done to improve the
efficiency of the unstable only scheduling, to avoid overwhelming the
system. You can still trigger them using the self-service interface
though.

For now the only tests that are being triggered automatically are for
unstable->testing migration, and the experimental->unstable tests. The
process that does that will also trigger pure unstable tests, but not as
often as we had before.