Re: [External] Re: Lenovo discount portal update (and a few other things)

Hi

On 9/2/2020 2:19 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

US: http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/Linux
Canada: http://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/linuxca

I've tried registering on the US website and it seems to work fine here. I'm
not completely sure how explicit the “rebate” is (and with the LABORDAY coupon
currently on the “standard” website it's not easy to compare). Anyway I didn't
investigate further because I'm from Europe so I'll wait a bit.

I'm just curious - it doesn't let you double up on the discounts? (I have no idea if it would or not....but worth a go :P)

We're still working on getting other geographies up and running - not
available yet I'm afraid.

Any idea of the timeframe? Weeks, months, more?
Afraid I don't know but I hope it's not months...it will depend on the geo teams to some extent. The US site took us a few weeks to get up but that was the first one....so fingers crossed the others are easier. My colleague is chasing the others down so I'll check with him what the status is.

We also have our first Linux platform up (X1 Carbon Gen 8 with Fedora).
There should be a number of other platforms coming soon - we're working
on those and I expect them to be out in the next few weeks. If you have
any questions on our Linux platforms please let me know.

Actually I do, although it's not entirely linked to Linux. When configuring an
Intel platform there are two choices which are not always there but would be
interesting I think:

- - Disabling of Absolute bios agent
- - Activation of the High Assurance Platform bit (HAP) in the Intel ME
configuration

On the X1C configuration I tried, the “Absolute” stuff is there but one can't
change it. For the HAP the snippet is not there at all (although I think I
remember seeing it once)

I've not played with that but I can find out about it. I've got a T14 AMD in front of me right now and it I could configure the Absolute Persistence Module (enable/disable/permanently disable). For the ME HAP...I don't see that either. I'll see if I can find out about it.

Mark