Re: IPv6-only buildds and AI_ADDRCONFIG

Niko Tyni wrote...

> somewhat recently new official buildds were added with IPv6-only
> connectivity. I'm not aware of an announcement, but I noticed this
> with #962019, where src:perl suddenly failed to build due to test suite
> failures.

Thanks for catching this - I had seen one of my packages build-failing
on some archs due to this, but had no idea what is going on.

Quite frankly, I'm somewhat uneasy about introducing such a major change
in the buildd infrastructure without some testing and MBF in advance.
Which is what you did then.

>  # unshare -n
>  # ip li set lo up
>  # ip dev add dummy0 type dummy

FWIW, "ip *link* add dummy0 type dummy" was needed with my version of
iproute.

>  # ip li set dummy0 up
>
> FWIW, while the amount of breakage does not seem massive, I think the
> numbers indicate that it might be good at least not to build the stable
> suites on these IPv6-only buildds. I'm not sure what the plan is there.

Also I am somewhat concerned what will happen when removing the e
AI_ADDRCONFIG hint flag usaged. But I will have to find out.

    Christoph