Re: Preferred form of modification for binary data used in unit testing?

Philipp Hahn <pmhahn@pmhahn.de> writes:

> * Declare that there in no preferred form for modification, as a
> "open-save"-cycle with the current code will not re-create the bit
> idencial file again.

This is my gut reaction.  Modifying this piece of testing data is mostly
pointless.  It's kind of like asking what the preferred form of
modification of a PGP public key is.

One might want to generate *more* testing data, I guess, but is that worth
keeping the old code around forever?  I'm dubious the benefit is worth it.