Re: Source only upload

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 15:55, Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

I just fell into the trap (again) and uploaded a binary package instead of sources only. We don't want the binaries to be uploaded, that much I get, but could anyone please explain to me, why we still accept binary uploads and why no tool in the whole chain gives as much as a warning, let alone is configured
to do the right thing?

If I missed something, please point me into the right direction.

We use build-and-upload script from https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta/ in ruby team which does the right thing. I use it for other packages as well. It runs sbuild, autopkgtest and also optionally same for all reverse (build) dependencies. Very useful for library updates and transitions.