Re: Source only upload

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 1:56 PM Michael Meskes wrote:

> I just fell into the trap (again) and uploaded a binary package instead of
> sources only. We don't want the binaries to be uploaded, that much I get, but
> could anyone please explain to me, why we still accept binary uploads and why
> no tool in the whole chain gives as much as a warning, let alone is configured
> to do the right thing?

Looks like the following bugs aren't yet filed:

sbuild/pbuilder: default to --source-only-changes
dput/dput-ng/dupload: default to _source.changes except for NEW or
when the _source.changes file is missing/invalid.

Making dak discard binaries in NEW sourceful uploads is in progress:

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/27641434-e45a-404f-254f-daea899164a8@debian.org

Personally, I think we should discard binaries from all sourceful
uploads and only accept binaries from binary-only uploads such as the
uploads done by the buildds.

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/5ec2e979cd7d7ec9bf386fbf77e3399c7aeeb473.camel@debian.org

--
bye,