Re: https://trends.debian.net/ - is this 20000 source packages since 2006?

Hi,

On 04/07/20 at 13:24 +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just skimmed through https://trends.debian.net/ and am impressed. Many
> thanks for these figures.

Thanks

> Do you accept wishes for additional graphs?

Sure

> Mine would be on the number of build dependencies as a scale for
> software complexity and how this evolved over time. My hunch is that
> later software has more dependencies than earlier ones. Would of course
> be cool to also have other software metrics over time. Anyway -
> fanstastic plots already!

I use lintian as the source of data. So basically you need to get the
information you want in a lintian classification tag, and then I take
care of adding the graphs :)

For your above example, do you mean "direct build-deps listed in
debian/control", or "transitive build-deps" ? The latter would require a
lot more analysis.

Lucas