[jkrueger@ovgu.de: Academic Survey on Program Comprehension at Debian]

Hi,

Attached email was sent to events@debian.org.

Regina Hebig from University of Gothenburg, Sweden and Jacob Krüger from
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany (BCc-ed) are doing research on
which knowledge do software developers consider important.  You might want to
help them.  Results will be published in anonymised form; and you can choose to
get notified about that.

You can participate at https://sunet.artologik.net/gu/Survey/8598 .

Bye,

Joost

--- Begin Message ---
Dear Debian Events Team,

We are researchers aiming to understand developers' knowledge needs and program comprehension. Our intention is to support practitioners in selecting tools that can facilitate developers' tasks. Moreover, we hope that our research results in the development of new tools that are customized to the actual needs of developers.

For the purpose of understanding these needs, we designed a survey on different knowledge types and their importance for developers. The survey focuses particularly on the context of large, complex, and collaborative development projects.

We contact you directly, because we thought that you may be the best contacts for deciding whether and how to disseminate an academic survey at Debian, and we do not want to spam your collaborators (or any other developers). If you find the survey to be of interest for you and your community, we would be grateful if you could promote it among your collaborators.

We will make all results public in anonymized and summarized form, so that answers cannot be traced back to individuals. For this purpose, we will publish the results on our websites and will also send them directly to all participants who are interested (which can be indicated in the questionnaire).

You can find the survey under the following link, and it should take 20 minutes at most:

https://sunet.artologik.net/gu/Survey/8598

Thank you very much for considering our request and your help!

Kind regards,
Regina Hebig (Chalmers | University of Gothenburg, Sweden)
Jacob Krüger (Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany)

--- End Message ---