Re: Running autopkgtest on porter boxes: dd-autopkgtest

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 03:14:18PM +0200, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
> On 31.05.20 22:40, Michael Banck wrote:
> > it's possible for DDs to build/test packages on porter boxes via
> > dd-schroot-cmd, see https://dsa.debian.org/doc/schroot/.
> >
> > However, e.g. arm64 autopkgtest failures are RC bugs and so far, it was
> > difficult to reproduce and debug those on the porter boxes, at least I
> > was not aware of an easy way to run autopkgtest on those.
> >
> > During the Online MiniDebConf today I hacked a bit around, and (with
> > some help from Antonio Terceiro) came up with the following
> > proof-of-concept script:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/mbanck/dd-autopkgtest/-/blob/master/dd-autopkgtest
> >
> > You can run this with a source package name on one of the porter boxes,
> > like:
> >
> > ./dd-autopkgtest foo
> >
> > It will then (i) create a working directory with the name of the source
> > package, (ii) bootstrap a schroot, (iii) install autopkgtest, the test
> > dependencies and the binaries in the schroot and (iv) run autopkgtest.
> > It will drop you in a shell if autopkgtest fails.
> >
> > The primary limitation is that you can only test binary packages that
> > are in unstable already, because dd-schroot-cmd does not allow to
> > install local packages. I have not extended the script for other
> > distributions than unstable, but that should be possible.
> >
> > Bugs, merge requests, suggestions and comments welcome!
>
> It'd be good if this was documented in a "canonical place" besides a few
> levels deep in a Salsa repo and in a mail to dd.

Well, it's a proof-of-concept mostly; it'd be good to have a bit better
integration into autopkgtest so it knows what required test dependencies
to install beforehand, I've filed #961980 for that.

Once it works mostly ok, maybe it can be integrated with dd-schroot-cmd.

Michael