Re: UDD/dmd: fails to load when debci data is missing

Hi all,

Quoting Johannes Schauer (2020-05-25 14:00:45)
> Quoting Rebecca N. Palmer (2020-05-25 10:57:02)
> > The problem isn't the number of packages, but some specific packages
> > that can't be displayed even when they are the only package requested:
> > https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=&email2=&email3=&packages=node-file-entry-cache&ignpackages=&format=html#todo
> >
> > These packages appear to be the ones that have a debci result (any
> > result) in testing but no debci data in unstable:
> > https://ci.debian.net/packages/n/node-file-entry-cache/
> >
> > Known examples:
> > acpi-call node-housekeeping node-chainsaw node-file-entry-cache
> >
> > As a workaround, you can exclude packages like this:
> >
> > https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=dr%40jones.dk&email2=&email3=&packages=&ignpackages=eyes.js+node-eslint-plugin-node+node-eslint-plugin-requirejs++node-eslint-utils+node-esquery+node-ignore+node-leche+node-file-entry-cache+node-proxyquire+python-asynctest+pd-zexy+python-m2r+&format=html#todo
>
> wow, that's awesome! Thank you for this hint! I was missing the UDD view on my
> packages for weeks already and now it's finally back for most of my packages!
> Thanks!!! :D
>
> > These packages can be identified from the CI column of DDPO, which does work
> > for such package sets:
> >
> > https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=dr%40jones.dk
>
> In particular, in the "CI" column, look for those rows where the first line
> shows exactly "✔-" -- those packages have to be excluded. Failures are fine and
> even both missing is fine but a checkmark followed by a minus triggers that
> bug.

after learning what causes this, there is an even better workaround than
excluding the affected packages. By going to https://ci.debian.net/user/ I can
schedule new tests for the affected packages for unstable on all architectures.
I did just that a few hours ago with one of the affected packages and I can
confirm that I don't have to exclude the package anymore and the UDD view works
fine with it.

I don't know of an automated way to find all packages without CI results on
unstable but with results on testing, but if somebody does, then maybe we can
just schedule tests for the affected packages and then none of us needs to
manually remove them to be able to use UDD again?

Thanks!

cheers, josch