Re: Progress in preparing the Bazel Build System for Debian (COVID-19 Biohackathon follow-up)

Hi Emmanuel,

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 10:03 AM Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:

You can remove javax-annotation from the list, it's already packaged as
libgeronimo-annotation-1.3-spec-java. Also error-prone and
checker-framework provide annotations that are not required at runtime,
patching them out is an option.

Excellent, thanks for the info! That's great news. Yes, I was considering that if we couldn't get those packaged quickly. Those two are my lowest priority for that reason. I already did something similar in a patch for libprotobuf-java and it was reasonably painless.

Regarding the other generic dependencies, it would be nice to package
them under the Java Team umbrella.

I absolutely agree but I didn't want to speak for the Java Team. :) I'll pass that request on to any contributors I interact with.

-Olek