Re: Salsa update: no more "-guest" and more

On 4/26/20 12:31 AM, Gard Spreemann wrote:

> Right, but what's the threat model here? For some of us, losing the
> Salsa password is essentially only possible if we have had our PGP
> dongle or offline private key backup compromised. In this case, the
> attacker can sign uploads to the archive anyway, which is arguably more
> serious than a compromised Salsa account.

It might not be you, it might be somebody else. Not everybody is doing that.

Also: even you wouldn't be the first one to click on a fake link to
salsa.debiana.org or a similar site. Targeted attacks are nothing
uncommon and it is very likely that they succeed, at least with some of
the users.