Re: lintian: please downgrade mailing-list-obsolete-in-debian-infrastructure warning

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 19:16:08 +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:

> > In my personal opinion, this lintian warning/info is not actionable,
> > also the referred to wiki page at
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/MailingListContinuation doesn't say
> > anything about not using @lists.alioth.debian.org or what to replace
> > it with, and unless the maintainers of the replacement system tell us
> > otherwise, I assume this will all keep working fine.
>
> Could this wiki page be more useful?
> https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/AliothMigration#Import_mailing_list

Not really; the lists we are talking about _are_ migrated to
alioth-lists.debian.net which will continue to accept mail for
@lists.alioth.debian.org.
And like Andreas, I see no point in changing the mail addresses in
thousands of packages and various tools and parts of infrastructure.

This link and the whole check would be helpful only for not-migrated
alioth lists which don't work anymore but I guess lintian has no
chance to make this discrimination.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe