Re: What to do when DD considers policy to be optional? [kubernetes]

On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 10:36:17PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
I don't agree with this *at all*. It is not in the interest of our users
to be forced to update the software they use for their infrastructure
every few months.

Isn't that the user's decision, when they decided to adopt a tool that requires this deployment model? Or, if they're not clear about what adopting this tool means, I agree that isn't in their interest for them to see that there's a debian package and be fooled into thinking it doesn't require this deployment model just because there's a zombie package in debian stable which will be essentially unsupported and will completely cut them off from the tool's community. Putting it into debian provides zero benefit, and they could get the same "stability" guarantee by just keeping a copy of a two year old third party .deb and never updating it.