Re: Overinterpretation of DFSG? QR code for receiving donation is non-free???

Hello,

On Mon 30 Mar 2020 at 05:54AM +00, Mo Zhou wrote:

> I think sometimes the DFSG has been over-interpreted. Here I'm talking about
> the recent REJECTion of src:smartdns from our NEW queue, where QR code pictures
> used for donation have been deemed DFSG non-free [1]. I'm not satisfied with
> the explanation, and I think there is over-interpretation on DFSG.

Just for the benefit of discussions in this thread:

The text quoted from the -private IRC channel is a bit misleading.  I
was the one who rejected the upload, and it was not actually because of
the QR codes, but for other reasons.

I couldn't actually tell that the image files were QR codes because we
cannot readily view images during NEW review.

--
Sean Whitton