Re: RFC: Standardizing a new Protected field

Hi!

On Mon, 2020-03-09 at 10:23:36 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Summary
> -------
>
> The goal of the following proposal is to standardize a field to split
> part of the Essential packages, and add support for it in the package
> management stack. There is currently an Important field, that has the
> correct semantics but has a very confusing name and is only supported
> by apt anyway, so this new field would phase out that one.

Given there's been no concerns brought up, we'll be going ahead with
these changes in dpkg (for 1.20.1) and apt. I'll add a spec to dpkg
and file a bug to debian-policy to add it there too.

But if there are still unvoiced concerns, please let us know! There's
always time to put this on hold or revert, etc. :)

Thanks,
Guillem