Re: new kubernetes packaging

 ❦ 24 mars 2020 16:30 -07, Russ Allbery:

> On the other hand (and I don't follow this community closely, so apologies
> if I have the details wrong here), my impression is that the Go community
> is not planning to support shared libraries, loves its staticly-linked
> binaries, and makes extensive use of the fact that different packages can
> pin to different versions and this doesn't matter for their intended
> output format (a static binary).

Go supports shared libraries since quite some time but I don't think
it's widely used. Notably, the tooling around it is quite primitive.
Even the plugin system (which is mostly like dlopen() and could be
useful in many cases) is seldomly used.
--
This night methinks is but the daylight sick.
		-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"