Re: RFC: Replacing vim-tiny with nano in essential packages

Geert Stappers wrote on 17/03/2020:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 07:40:40PM -0400, Peter Silva wrote:

>>> You are comparing apples with oranges! The nano package comes with a lot
>>> of help files and translations. You need to compare things to nano-tiny:

>>> nano-tiny: 234K
>>>
>> so maybe we just add nano-tiny as an option to vim-tiny.
>> because we understand vim is not newbie friendly, but for all the old
>> hands, nano is not friendly to us.
>> 234K is a small price to pay.
>

> Not yet seen in this thread, is the package  vis

Vis maintainer here, thanks for mentioning it.

I really like this little editor, but I don't think it's a good fit for
what we are looking for here as it has a small userbase and bus factor.

Good news is that upstream is active again and a new release should be
cut soon.

Paride