Re: FTP Team -- call for volunteers

Le 15/03/2020 à 19:59, Salvo Tomaselli a écrit :
> If you think about it, even if you connect with ssh and use vim or
> whatever remotely, the content of the files are reaching your screen,
> so are being distributed anyway. Might as well just download them no?

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm thinking of this:

If it's just about legal risk, couldn't the responsibility of the right to redistribute of the uploaded software be moved on the uploader instead ?
So the uploader takes the responsibility of any redistribution of the uploaded software by Debian itself, the same way if he would have uploaded it to a social media are whatever.

That way, the legal responsibility burden is distributed on many peoples instead of a small number.
If one is not sure that the software is distributable, he can mail the upstream maintainers for a clue.

--
Alexis Murzeau
PGP: B7E6 0EBB 9293 7B06 BDBC  2787 E7BD 1904 F480 937F