Bug#953964: ITP: python-strictyaml -- Strict, typed YAML parser for Python
Owner: James Tocknell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : python-strictyaml
Version : 1.0.6
Upstream Author : Colm O'Connor <email@example.com>
* URL : https://hitchdev.com/strictyaml/
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Strict, typed YAML parser for Python
StrictYAML is a type-safe YAML parser that parses and validates a restricted
subset of the YAML specification.
- Beautiful API
- Refusing to parse the ugly, hard to read and insecure features of YAML like
the Norway problem.
- Strict validation of markup and straightforward type casting.
- Clear, readable exceptions with code snippets and line numbers.
- Acting as a near-drop in replacement for pyyaml, ruamel.yaml or poyo.
- Ability to read in YAML, make changes and write it out again with comments
- Not speed, currently.
This is needed for devpi-server, and I plan on maintaining within DMPT (assuming
they accept me).