Re: Bug email to Maintainer, not Uploader?

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 12:35:14PM -0600, Steven Robbins wrote:
> 1. Subscribe to the Maintainer ML would produce an enormous amount of spam.
> The maintainer is Debian-Science, which is listed in 790 packages, of which I
> care about maybe 10.

You could do that coupled with some mail filtering locally, checking for

but you'd still need to maintain that thing.

> I would prefer, instead, to suggest a mechanism to email uploaders.  Would
> that be best suggested to the bts software or the pts software?

the bts is really "dumb" in this regards.  For sure it's not saving the
content of the Uploader fields anywhere.

IMHO, if anything, this would need to be a pts extension of sorts.  Or
you could script that: the pts also has a mail interface to handle
package subscription: you can do something that automatically send the
proper control mails whenever you start/stop co-maintaining a package.

Honestly though, I don't think going and clicking "subscribe" in a "few
dozens" package pages is too much.

On that note: remember that you should also remember to subscribe to the
salsa repositories to receive MR notifications... (this is a totally
unsolved problem still).  Fortunately Myon extended the DDPO to show
pending MRs...

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo