Re: Is there still a point in installing libgcrypt to /lib instead of /usr/lib

Am 15.02.20 um 19:48 schrieb Sven Joachim:

> True, but there seem to be a relatively high number of systems where an
> old unowned version of some library is lying around under /lib (possibly
> because the dpkg database became corrupted at some point and so dpkg
> forgot about the file; see the dpkg bug #949395), and when that library
> starts be installed under /usr/lib, this will trigger symbol lookup
> errors and the like.  See #896019 and #948318 for examples.

While I think the underlying issue should be investigated (tbh the
thought that dpkg get's confused / its db corrupted so does not properly
clean up those old files is quite disconcerting), couldn't we just
switch the order of /lib and /usr/lib and make /usr/lib the preferred path?