Re: Announcing miniDebConf Montreal 2020 -- August 6th to August 9th 2020

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:05:29AM -0500, Jerome Charaoui wrote:

> Following the announcement of the DebConf20 location, our desire to
> participate became incompatible with our commitment toward the Boycott,
> Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign launched by Palestinian civil
> society in 2005. Hence, many active Montreal-based Debian developpers,
> along with a number of other Debian developpers, have decided not to
> travel to Israel in August 2020 for DebConf20.

Would it be possible to not constantly air our personal political
opinions and grievances on Debian lists?  Especially as part of
something that goes to an -announce list.

If anything, this is harmful to Debian as a project.

What would have been so difficult about something like "for those in the
Debian community who for whatever reason cannot attend DebConf 2020 in
Israel, there will be a mini-DebConf in Montreal" and so-on and so
forth?

Regards,

-Roberto

--