Re: Can Debian packaging changes require a CLA?

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:46 AM Dimitri John Ledkov <xnox@debian.org> wrote:

> Can a Debian Package Maintainer require CLA for accepting packaging
> changes and distro patches to be uploaded into Debian itself?

I think a thing that doesn't help here is the use of the term CLA to
refer to two very different classes of things - one where it's
effectively an affirmative statement that you have the right to submit
this code (ie, something along the lines of the DCO Signed-Off-By:
process in the kernel), and one where it's either a broad grant of
additional permissions or an actual assignment of copyright. Is there
a problem with the former other than it introducing an additional
bureaucratic hurdle?