Re: call for ftpmaster's transparency

Hi Niels,

On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 11:22:46AM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> For the parts involving tooling, are there bugs/salsa issues describing
> the issue so a "non-FTP-team"-member can take a stab at fixing them?

First of all the major problem we are talking about, that the reviewing
process being so slow, is not well defined. Because what this is going
to optimize is not the machine code, but the human's working procedure.

So it's not easy for people to open a bug and describe the definite
problem they have found. For instance, bugs saying "hi dak devs, I found
the tool not friendly enough for human efficiency, please fix it" are
very likely terrible bug reports.

Something new needs to be invented (and eventually incorporated into
somewhere like dak). I happen to have a bottom-up idea that is still a
work-in-progress[1]. Albeit I believe what I'm doing can greatly
facilitate my NEW reviewing process (as a trainee), I still suffer from
the lack of time and energy to push the draft forward.

I had some further private discussion with Michael and Dmitry. People's
opinions on the solution differ. So I speculate that the community will
have to come up with some more concrete ideas and experiment them a
little bit to settle the whole NEW-SO-SLOW issue.

[1] see my old post: "Idea: intermediate .... license review"