Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

 ❦  4 février 2020 11:30 -08, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>:

>> As a heavy user or Rsyslog features I feel that switching default
>> logging system yields no benefits to say the least.
>
> As a heavy user, perhaps you're not the target audience for a default?
> You're going to install rsyslog no matter what, since you know it well and
> use it heavily.  The only effect of this change on you will be a one-line
> change to whatever you use for configuration management for new
> systems.

rsyslog even knows how to directly pull logs from the journal, which
gives you access to stuff not logged to syslog (stdout/stderr of service
files, applications logging directly to journal), as well to structured
logs (comm pid, user, unit and more when the service supports journald
directly).
--
Use the good features of a language; avoid the bad ones.