Re: Y2038 - best way forward in Debian?

On Feb 04, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

>    We'd need to decide exactly which of our 32-bit ports we would want
>    to do this path with (probably armhf->arhmft?, maybe
>    armel->armelt?, i386->i386t?. mipsel???). Due to the libc6 soname
I agree with Ansgar here: there is no point in rebuilding i386.
The porters for the other architectures who believe that there is value
in such a port should explain why they believe that in ~10 years from
now there will still be NEW 32 bit hardware that will run Debian.

The real questions should be: what is the latest reasonable year to
eventually start these new ports? 2038 is far away, and maybe enough
procrastination will solve this...

--
ciao,
Marco