Re: should Debian add itself to https://python3statement.org ?

On Sep 12, Alf Gaida <agaida@siduction.org> wrote:

> It doesn't really matter. In fact python2 is dead for years, if we
> start now to make a plan we are years to late. The timeframe is _now:.
Dead for who? As long as somebody will be interested in maintaining
python2 it will not be dead.
I maintain some packages which have been abandoned by their upstream
maintainers 20 years ago and they are fine.
I am not a python users, but as long as somebody will continue to
maintain it in Debian we have no reason to remove it no matter what
the upstream maintainers would like.

--
ciao,
Marco