Re: Apt-secure and upgrading to bullseye

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 12:31:51PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Hooray, buster's released!  Congrats to all!

Indeed! ☺

> E: Repository 'http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian testing InRelease' changed its 'Codename' value from 'buster' to 'bullseye'
> N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.

There are various reports about that against apt/aptitude, so I am not
feeling like adding lots of duplicated content now, but the gist is:

Either use "apt update" (it will ask an interactive question) or
"apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change" (see apt-get manpage) or
[least preferred option] set the config option
Acquire::AllowReleaseInfoChange for basically any apt-based client.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies