Re: Dropping Release and Release.gpg support from APT

On 2019-07-10 10:04, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:35:25AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 2:53 AM Julian Andres Klode wrote:

> Timeline suggestion
> -------------------
> now         add a warning to apt 1.9.x for repositories w/o InRelease, but Release{,.gpg}
> Aug/Sep     turn the warning into an error, overridable with an option (?)
> Q1 2020     remove the code
[...]
We do need them to ship InRelease files. I just filed an issue for OBS
to do that. Given how long we had InRelease file, and how confusing it
is to not provide InRelease files (not to mention that it doubles the
traffic for no-change cases), I'm surprised they aren't using InRelease
files yet.

Given the timeline, shouldn't we also get oldstable to ship an InRelease file?

Kind regards
Philipp Kern