Re: The noudeb build profile and dh-only rules files

On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 07:28:50PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 02:10:13PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > P.S.  If anyone thinks that increasing the size of the debian
> > installer by 145k is unacceptable, please let me know now....
>
> This is something you'd need to run past debian-boot@, as there may well
> be particular images for which it still matters (I haven't kept up, but
> it's certainly something they'd want to be informed of).

Oh, and apologies if this is obvious, but the other reason a separate
udeb build pass may be necessary is if certain configure options make
the code actually not work in the context of d-i.  This is the case for
openssh (for example, it builds an sshd that can be used as part of
d-i's network-console feature, but PAM wouldn't work in that context).
I don't know whether it's the case for e2fsprogs.