Re: scratch buildds

On 15.06.19 11:20, Helmut Grohne wrote:

Hi,

> Unlike the ${dist}-proposed variant, the scratch distribution can be set> up entirely outside Debian. It only needs someone doing the work with
no> involvement of DSA. Wait, this reminds me of something. Luca
Falavigna> put up debomatic-${arch}.debian.net. And it has piuparts and
lintian!
As somebody who does backports stuff and project/client specific repos,
I've created something on my own, which can build whole stacks of
packages and create apt repos. it also allows fine control on what is
in the base image, extra repos, etc.

The bad thing for me is: I've only got limited computing power and
and very limited in available archs (just x86 and some older arm).
So, having a CI that can build for all the debian supported archs and
allows using extra repos, tailored base images, work on git directly
(fully debianized branch) and publishes the repos to the outside world,
would be a really cool thing for me. IIRC that should also cover this
'scratch builds' usecase.

I admit, I haven't checked whether gitlab-ci can already do that.

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
info@metux.net -- +49-151-27565287