Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult writes ("Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format"):
> hmm, sounds quite complicated ... anyone here who could explain why
> exactly they're doing it that way ?
>
> by the way: that's IMHO an important information we should also collect:
> why exactly some particular workflow was picked

I don't want to get into that in this thread.  It is too close to a
discussion of what is the best way to do things.  I certainly don't
want to challenge people by asking "why".

I want people to feel free to describe things they have seen, or which
they do, without feeling criticised.  "sounds quite complicated"
sounds like a criticism to me.  And I don't want the thread derailed.

I would prefer to focus on "what".

(Also, I feel that I personally have a pretty good handle on the
advantages and disadvantages of various approaches and I can usually
see why people have done things, even things that I think are a bad
idea.  So I don't need help with that.)

Ian.