Re: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 10:38:06AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-05-14 at 11:07 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >
> > Can you give an example for a package that has a non-dh rules file
> > "working for years" that gives as a result a package with no lintian
> > warnings without changing this d/rules file?
>
> linux is one.
>
> I did a lot of work to address lintian warnings last year, and most of
> that did not involve debian/rules*.

Please call me over-picky but without checking the history is your
"most" not a sign that there is at least one change to d/rules which was
needed to fix some lintian issue.  I do not want you to change linux
d/rules file and I think it is pretty safe from beeing NMUed just to
switch to dh.  My point was that I doubt that any "working for years"
d/rules has no lintian issues.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--