Re: Cdbs Features

On 13.05.19 18:22, Sam Hartman wrote:
>     Holger> - packages using cdbs. cdbs has features dh doesnt have and
>     Holger> I dont think it's wrong to use cdbs. (
>
> Just for my information, what are the big features cdbs has that dh does
> not?

i've migrated many of my packages from cdbs to dh, but there's one
feature which cdbs sports and which i miss strongly (at least: the last
time i checked) in dh (so much, that i haven't converted a couple of
packages): building of multiple "flavours".
that is: building the same code-base multiple times, with differing
configurations.

while it is possible to do that with dh, it amounts to either a lot of
near-duplicate lines or quite some GNU make trickery, which i'd rather
not spread across multiple d/rules

fgamsdr
IOhannes