fixing debian-security-support upgrades from stretch (for good)

[re-sent with debian-release list address corrected...]

hi,

so there is "#928172 debian-security-support: fails to upgrade from 'testing':
dpkg: error: error executing hook" which happens when base-files is upgraded
before debian-security-support (but doesnt happen if d-s-s is upgraded first...)

So I think this can only be fixed properly (=without asking people to
upgrade to the latest stretch pointrelease but instead allowing upgrades
to buster from *any* stretch pointrelease) by adding a "pre-depends:
debian-security-support (>= 2019.04.25)" to base-files in buster.

As per policy 7.2 I'm asking debian-devel to discuss this and form a
consensus that this is the right thing to do.

Please note that there are two more relevant bugs for this disucssion:

"#927450 [debian-security-support] debian-security-support needs to be
adapted to each new Debian release" - this bug should be fixed in
another debian-security-support upload targeted at buster, probably by
just exiting with 0 in case of an unsupported release.
Please note that #927450 was fixed in d-s-s 2019.04.25 and then reopened
with another scope :/ (=fixing this permanently and forever, while #927450
was originally only about not recognizing buster as a valid release.)

"#928204 [debian-security-support] check-support-status: cannot
create /var/lib/debian-security-support/security-support.semaphore:
Directory nonexistent" - I looked at the code and couldnt see how this
bug could happen. Help welcome, also just by confirming whether it's
possible for you to (not) reproduce this bug.

--
tschau,
	Holger, who didn't create this mess...