Re: .deb format: let's use 0.939, zstd, drop bzip2

Quoting Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org>:
I've certainly heard people describe our use of both ar and tar as an
architectural minus especially on embedded platforms just because the
dependency set of dpkg needed to be larger.

On my embedded systems, I don't have ar installed, only tar.
I assume, that dpkg speaks ar natively?

I don't know how big of a concern that still is, but it does seem
strange to use multiple different archiving technologies in the same
format today.

Anything wrong with one .zip, just like .jar or .odf?