Re: Preferred git branch structure when upstream moves from tarballs to git

On Thu, 2019-05-02 at 11:23 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
[...]
> Sorry for shouting, but, really.  It is kind of frustrating to have
> designed and implemented and deployed a complex piece of software
> which solves a lot of problems, and constantly hear people
>  - proposing solutions which do not address the primary difficulties
>  - merely lamenting that our current practices are so bad
>  - stating that the problems are intractable and cannot be solved
>  - saying that for this we need to agree a uniform git workflow
[...]

We still need to resolve the issues with merging that I raised in
October.  (I say "we" because I realise you are likely to need me or
someone else to spend time explaining and testing the specific
scenarios that didn't work.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
It is easier to write an incorrect program