Re: Removal of Wheezy and Jessie (except LTS) from mirrors

Le 20/03/2019 à 21:50, Joerg Jaspert a écrit :
> The data is, of course, not lost - the whole of it is synced
> to archive.debian.org, so if you still need it you will be able to get
> it from there.[1]

Hi,

I noticed that the directories containing the netboot installer images
(debian/dists/<codename>/main/installer-<arch>/...) is missing for
Wheezy and Jessie on archive.debian.org. They're still present for older
releases, though.

Is it an overlook or is it intentional ?

I have a script that relies on the presence of these directories to feed
a PXE server. I know those releases are out of date, but new installs of
those may be needed for tests and such (usually on virtual machines).
Moreover, Jessie has not yet reached its EOL.

Can those directories be put back on archive.debian.org, or should I
consider them gone for good and declare that this script doesn't support
old releases anymore ? That would be a pity, since before that change,
it used to support all Debian releases which offered netboot images (in
other words, all releases since Sarge).

Regards,

--
Raphaël Halimi