Re: Debian vs Linux namespaces

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 01:15:39PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> On 3/25/19 11:41 AM, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 01:34:34PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > AFAICS there are several packages that appear to be unaware of /
> > > do not care about containers, e.g. opensmtpd, bind9, apt-cacher-ng,
> > > probably everything using pidof or pidofproc from /lib/lsb/init-\
> > > functions).
> >
> > Or assuming that pid 1 is your init which you can send arbitrary
> > signals without hurting anyone.
> >

> Sorry to say, but Linux maps the container's init process to 1 on
> purpose, exactly to support this approach. See
>
> 	http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/pid_namespaces.7.html

Correct - But pid1 within the container is possibly a shell like bash or
some other process.  Sending SIGHUP to pid 1 in a postinst is broken in
that case (Running the install within the container)

See my bug report - It causes the "apt-get install" run containing
daemontool-run to SIGSTOP into background and thus fail.

This came up when we created testing images for our developers with
packages depending on daemontools-run.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f@zz.de